15 Jan 2020
Square Mile and FE fundinfo are to assist financial advisers in their fund selection through the launch of a Fund Dashboard. The fund dashboard is an easy-to-interpret overview of core fund information designed to help advisers assess a fund’s ability to meet clients’ investment objectives. A joint venture between Square Mile and FE fundinfo, two leading specialists in fund analysis, the Fund Dashboard aims to deliver a significant amount of information in an easily understood format and is the result of a broad industry consultation to determine which aspects should be included. The resulting development aims to provide a comprehensive view of key fund characteristics to support informed fund selection based on five key elements:
• Opinion: A combination of a qualitative and quantitative assessment of a fund’s ability to meet its objectives through Square Mile’s Fund Ratings and FE fundinfo’s Crown Fund Ratings respectively.
• Performance: A representation of a fund’s absolute annualised return during the time frame stipulated in its objective and its performance versus its objective.
• Risk: An assessment of the risk of the fund and the asset class in which it invests as well as its Synthetic Risk and Reward Indicator (SRRI) profile and the fund’s maximum drawdown within the period stipulated in its objective.
• Cost: An overview of the fund’s ongoing charges, its transaction costs and the total cost of ownership.
• ESG credentials: An assessment of ESG credentials at a company and fund level based on Square Mile’s ESG Integration Assessments.
The Fund Dashboard will be a primary interface hosted on the Square Mile website and advisers will be able to click on each section to gain further information and insight.
Join the Panacea community for free and recieve news, guides, whitepapers, event information, special offers and more!