Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 09:00-16:00
Legal & General Home Finance Head Office, Boardroom, Chadwick House, Warwick Rd, Solihull B91 2AA
CII Equity Release Exam- The essential mortgages and equity release advice qualification.
The level 3 Certificate in Equity Release meets the FCA'’s requirement for mortgage advisers and those advising on equity release schemes. In addition to developing advisory skills, the Certificate offers an understanding of equity release regulation, products, market practice, and customer needs.
The one day course will overview the entire syllabus with you plus vital examination guidance practice.
In this module you will be taught:
• the legal and regulatory considerations;
• how to target appropriate customers,
• key equity release products plus the alternatives that are available;
• how to determine which solutions are best suited to different types of clients;
• the taxation implications and State Benefits related to equity release;
• the advantages/disadvantages and possible risks of each solution to the client;
• how to approach the case study style questions.
At the end of this unit, candidates should be able to understand:
• the principles of equity release and the types of schemes available;
• the suitability and affordability of the different types of equity release products;
• the risks to the consumer associated with equity release;
• the application of suitable equity release solutions according to the circumstances of different consumers.
Please bring your exam materials to the one-day workshop.